Sunday, October 21, 2012

No More DVD's?!

Just the other day I visted our school's iMac lab. I have a personall project I need to edit and I would prefer to use iMovie. It's fantastic for making long movies, easy to use, and very efficent. I went to check it out and was pretty excited. I was excited until I realized there is no iDVD. This is a program that converts your iMovie project on to a DVD and allowes you to add menues, chapters, and other DVD features. I looked around to see if there is another similar program. I found nothing. I looked it up online and it said that the new computers do not come with iDVD.

So what is the point of having iMovie if you can't put them on DVD's. Well I found my answer. I clicked the share button and it gives me choices to save as a file, or send to itunes. I could also upload my video to facebook, youtube, and a few other websites. Finally I could send it to my tablet, phone, computer, iPod, or iTV. All of these are great but it poses one problem, I have to keep my movie in digital form.

This might work for some people, but for a lot of people it doesnt. It's impractical for everyone to have enough space for a 3 hour movie. I just want to make several DVD's and hand them out to my friends. I want them to have that DVD in their possesion.

In other words, apple is making a huge push to make everything go digital. This might not be a bad thing but were moving a little to fast. It's shocking to me that they don't even give you the option to burn a DVD. If were not careful, our entire world, moreso then it is now, will be sucked into the internet and go completly digital.

This might be good, it might not.

No comments:

Post a Comment